Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Update: Feb, March & April now done

I'm back, and I actually had some unexpected time to work while I was gone. I finished all of February, March and April. The additions have been uploaded to the print copy on Lulu, which can also be downloaded as a PDF.

Another change I made was the layout of the Brief Responses. It now looks much more like what is found in other breviaries...which is a much more compact format. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about this. It makes for a little more of a learning curve for someone completely new to the Divine Office, but once you're used to it I think it's better.

I also put the line back in between the Latin/English. Again, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this.

Oh, and one more thing: I added the "alternative" psalm numbering in parenthesis. This is another one of those little confusing things (at least it confuses me sometimes), and I thought this might help. See Wikipedia for a summary of the different numberings:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psalms#Numbering
This will hopefully help people who expect Psalm 23 to say "The Lord is my shepherd," rather than"The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof"

4 comments:

  1. Hmm... maybe the different Psalm numbering can be listed in the appendix. Since the Vulgate is used for the Breviary it would be understood that the Vulgate numbering is used, instead of the New Vulgate numbering. Having both may have the reverse effect adding an element of confusion.

    Other than that, great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that mean that May, June, and parts of July/August are left to be completed, and then the Breviarium is completed (draft-wise?)

    If so, sweet!

    What are your plans once the first pass is completed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Demerzel: I agree with your thoughts regarding the psalm numbering, and will make this change

    Andy K: Yep, that's the current situation. Once I'm done with those months, I've got a lot of revisions to do. Everything's there, but some of the English prayer translations aren't consistent (from a different source, I'll be changing these), and some of the formatting is out of date. I'll be slowly working my way through to make all of these consistent, but at least everything will be there at that point. I'll give more information on this in a separate post when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. David:
    Sounds wonderful.

    Truly looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete