Saturday, January 24, 2009

New print edition soon, and promise of more frequent updates

As many of you are no doubt aware, it has been a VERY long time since I've updated the print editions. Actually, updates in general have been slow in coming, and for this I apologize. I think this bears a little discussion.

The reason that the print editions have been somewhat stagnant is that Lulu has a page limitation in their books. For paperbacks, it's 740. I hit that just after finishing the Proper of Seasons. Now it's over 1000.

So what am I trying to do? Well, I'm going to bump up the overall size (probably the 5.5x8.5), and play around with the fonts a little. I'm hoping to have something up soon...

Now about my slow pace regarding updates...Something occurred to me yesterday. There are a few things which interest me greatly, some of which have blogs or websites. I find myself going to these blogs/sites frequently, and am always a little disappointed when there's no new updates.

My revelation was that I made a decision about 14 months ago to start this project, and then another decision came about a year ago: to share it with others. One might say that I have a certain sense of obligation to those who care about this project, and I've been neglecting that lately.

So this is my "mea culpa." Now for my resolution: I'm going to make a concerted effort to make a post here at least once a week. Even if it's just to say, "I haven't made much headway this week, but I'm still alive."