Friday, April 11, 2008

Office of the Dead added

I've just posted a new revision, the most notable update being the addition of the Office of the Dead. I made the decision to include the complete hour of Matins for this particular Office; it seemed like the thing to do. I've made one concession to save space: the psalms for Matins are referenced, with page numbers to their location in the psalter, but they are not reprinted in place.

I've also gone through and made a number of corrections and fixes:
-The psalm "titles" are now accented
-fixed a number of spelling errors
-added a section in the Ordinary for Lauds to make it a little clearer when Lauds II is used (this was a point of confusion for some of my friends who've been praying the office).
-added the penitential psalms before the litany of the saints (thanks PaulG!) I may be changing these to reference the psalm locations; haven't decided for sure.
-and many others...

I'll be adding the complementary psalmody also, again by referencing page numbers of the psalms in the psalter.

Oh, and I am working on the rest of the Proper of Seasons...