Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Work continues

I've gotten some work done over the past few days, but I haven't made an update yet. Most significantly, I've completed a couple more weeks' propers; up to May 18 now. This has brought me to a point where I had to stop and make some changes:

May 18 is the first "optional" day at the end of Paschaltide. In other words, it may be in Paschaltide; or it may not. This necessitates special treatment, and so I've stopped briefly to make some changes to some of my scripts and programs to account for this. I don't think these changes will take too long; I'm almost done with the most pressing parts of the changes.

A couple of other changes I've made: there was a problem with the English hyphenation, and as a result none of the English was being hyphenated. In some places this was hardly noticeable, and in others it was VERY noticeable. I fixed that problem.

There was also an error in the movable calendar: I put "Ascension Sunday" in the column headings. Oops! The dates given were actually Thursdays; I just typed the wrong day in the title. I've made the fix, and the next version will correctly say "Ascension Thursday"

I've also started updating the Common of Saints with the Paschaltide optional Alleluias. These show as (P.T. Alleluia). The Brief Responds are duplicated, with the P.T. and non-P.T. options both being shown. I don't know why I hadn't done this before; but hopefully I should have all these changes done soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. I eagerly await the completion of this most praiseworthy project. I look forward to the day when a reasonably priced english/latin diurnal is available no only for private use but that it may be used amongst the faithful. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete